Trish and Joe met at a Riverdogs baseball game- Home Run! They both used the app Hinge and figured out that they had a friend in common. And apparently, this was it for them to fall in love and embark on a fun adventure and become inseparable travel birds. Joe and Trish share the same passion for traveling and exploring, and it was one kind of motivation to create a travel theme wedding. From fun passport stations with the coolest images of their friends and family to centerpieces with photos of their Epic trips.
This incredible themed wedding was an unforgettable celebration that reflected their shared love for exploration, excitement, and especially for their loved ones. They wanted to celebrate each minute of their day with family and friends and make the most out of their party. They not only share the same passion for traveling but also are obsessed with The Midnight City Band, who definitely was a fabulous addition to their reception.
Trish and Joe loved the idea to get married by the water under a beautiful Oak Tree and did not hesitate to plan it all at Dunes West Golf Club. Needless to say, it was my honor to capture the love of these two and testify to their excitement to move forward in an incredible journey.
To help you plan a themed wedding, here’s a checklist of key steps to consider:
- Choose a Theme: Select a theme that reflects your interests, passions, or a style that resonates with you as a couple. It could be anything from vintage elegance to rustic charm, tropical paradise to fairytale enchantment. Ensure the theme aligns with your vision for the wedding day.
- Create a Mood Board: Compile images, colors, textures, and ideas that embody your chosen theme. Use platforms like Pinterest or create a physical mood board to gather inspiration. This will serve as a visual reference throughout the planning process and help communicate your vision to vendors.
- Set a Budget: Determine a budget for your wedding and allocate funds to different aspects of the themed experience, such as decor, attire, venue, and entertainment. It’s crucial to establish a realistic budget early on to ensure you can bring your theme to life without overspending.
- Find the Perfect Venue: Look for a venue that complements your theme and offers the right ambiance. Whether it’s a historical mansion, a beachfront resort, or a rustic barn, the venue should align with your chosen theme and provide a backdrop that enhances the overall atmosphere.
- Curate Decor Elements: Select decor elements that bring your theme to life. This includes centerpieces, table settings, lighting, signage, and any additional thematic embellishments. Pay attention to details like flowers, linens, and props that align with your chosen theme and create a cohesive visual experience.
- Dress the Part: Choose attire for yourself and the wedding party that aligns with your theme. From wedding gowns and suits to bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen attire, ensure that the outfits complement the overall theme and style you have envisioned.
- Coordinate with Vendors: Collaborate with vendors who understand and can execute your themed vision. This includes florists, caterers, photographers, musicians, and any other professionals involved in your wedding day. Clearly communicate your theme and expectations to ensure they can incorporate it seamlessly into their services.
- Personalize the Experience: Infuse personal touches into your themed wedding. Incorporate elements that reflect your love story, hobbies, or shared interests. Customized favors, unique guest books, or signature cocktails are just a few ways to add a personalized touch to your special day.
- Keep Guests Informed: Provide your guests with information about the theme and any dress code requirements on your invitations or wedding website. This will allow them to come prepared and fully immerse themselves in the themed experience.
- Embrace the Theme Throughout: Stay true to your theme throughout the wedding day. From ceremony to reception, ensure that every aspect, from music to food choices, reflects the chosen theme. Consistency in the overall experience will create a memorable and cohesive wedding celebration.
Remember, planning a themed wedding requires attention to detail, creativity, and coordination. Use this checklist as a guide to ensure that every element of your special day is infused with the theme you’ve chosen.
Click here to Inquire your wedding.